Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Searching...

Today (4/23/14) has been interesting. We traveled to Wonju to see where I am from. Luckily, we found the area where I was left. Not at all what I expected! The city itself is like any other city, but the specific area we went to was crowded with small, very small, apartments. All one level, run down, rusted locked gate entries to each door, and narrow alley-like pathways. We talked to several people, all of whom were kind and helpful! We gave everyone a we met a flyer about me and our translators name & number. With such a small village area, they will start 'talking' and maybe we will get a call?!

It was interesting and uncomfortable to see my place. I can't really explain my emotions...it was overwhelming.

I had my iPad stolen, so that is why there have been no recent posts. We have the police involved - they are 100% on it! There is a possible lead; a tourist may have nabbed it. Once the person got my iPad, they somehow changed my password to this blog site so I was locked out - I could not log in to post. So frustrating!! One lesson learned....do NOT save your passwords so you can automatically log in to your apps!! I had to change as many passwords as I could think of! I'm still changing more as I remember what apps I had. I did go in and lock my iPad from my iPhone and if they get online I will be notified. I had just bought (at San Fran airport) a Bluetooth keyboard for it.....so this person got a heck of a deal.

Well it's 3:20 am Thursday, so I'm off to bed. Ohhhh....why am I still up, you say?  I went night shopping at a market! It is a night market w/ several malls that open at 11 pm! I'm sure you all can guess that Yancy stayed back in the room!  :) actually he got a cold today (or maybe he faked it to avoid shopping?!).   Ha!

Good night all!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you were able to find the area that you were left since you were having such issues with the address. I wish that I would have been there to give you big hugs, know that they are coming your way! I am sure that it was very emotional! Thinking of you every day my friend!! Much love!

    ReplyDelete